Trainings & Resources
- Save energy and money with a no-cost home energy assessment by RISE Engineering. After an inspection, an energy specialist may provide efficiency-boosting measures like low-flow shower heads and efficient lightbulbs free of charge or recommend home improvements that will cut energy costs. Request one online or call (800)-422-5365.
- Own a private well? Learn how to test your water quality here
landlords and tenants
- If you’re a renter or a landlord, familiarize yourself with the Rhode Island Landlord-Tenant Handbook
- If you own a pre-1978 rental property, you are required to attend a 3-hour Lead Hazard Awareness class. Take it online and find further resources for landlords here
- If you’re a tenant, make sure you’re familiar with your right to live in a hazard-free home.
Why do affordable homes matter? Check out HousingWorks RI’s “Affordable Homes 101: Myths & Facts” to learn why investing in affordable housing is more important than ever